A minimum six month voluntary post, co-ordinating the scientific training of volunteers and daily survey activities on Coral Cay Conservation's expedition sites.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have All Or Some Of The Following Attributes
- Relevant degree in marine biology or similar
- Scuba diving certification, minimum of PADI Advanced Open Water (AOW) or equivalent
- Marine tropical fieldwork experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- Experience working with and around volunteers
- Teaching experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach two weeks science Skills Development Programme to Volunteers and host country scholars
- Supervise, in the absence of the Project Scientist, the day to day running of the Marine Survey Programme
- Assist with community-based environmental education and outreach work
- Manage the input of baseline and other data and ensure quality control
- Assist with general base management responsibilities
Why work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Work at the cutting edge of conservation
What you can expect to gain from being part of the Expedition Staff Team?
- Potential to co-author reports and publications
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Pre-departure training in coral surveying in the UK
- Chance to gain further dive training free of charge
- ertification as a Reef Check (region-specific) Eco Diver Trainer
- Liaise with local communities
- Work with like minded conservation professionals
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Dive opportunities
If you are interested in applying please contact CCC's head office at email@example.com to enquire about future vacancies.
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Disclosure and Barring service (Enhanced) checked by Coral Cay Conservation.