This is a six-month (minimum) post with Coral Cay Conservation as the senior
in-country scientist on their project sites. Responsible for overseeing Coral Cay Conservation’s scientific training and survey programme. The successful candidate will be working closely with
project partners and representing CCC at stakeholder meetings to continue to develop and expand CCC's conservation goals.
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with relevant experience may be considered)
- Tropical marine fieldwork experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordination of research including the management and guidance of Science and Educational Officers as well as volunteers.
- Training volunteers through the CCC Skills Development Programme (SDP)
- Planning strategies of research on a daily to six monthly basis, in close collaboration with other CCC staff members
- Drafting of reports to CCC UK
- Drafting Monthly Project Updates for CCC UK and our project partners.
- Assisting with the completion of annual reports in collaboration with CCC London
- Maintenance of science equipment inventories and requesting re-supplies
- Regular meetings with local stakeholders
- Meeting with in-country partners
- Representing CCC at Technical Committee meetings
- Providing environmental awareness lectures at local schools and institutes
- Supporting the Field Base Manager and other expedition staff
Why work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Work at the cutting edge of conservation
- Author and co-author CCC reports
- Pre-departure training in ecological survey techniques
- Certification as a Reef Check (region-specific) Ecodiver trainer
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Work with like minded dedicated conservation professionals
- Liaise with local communities
- Contribute to conservational goals
- Dive Opportunities
If you are interested in applying please contact CCC's head office at email@example.com to enquire about future vacancies.
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Disclosure and Barring service (Enhanced) checked by Coral Cay Conservation.